Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015

We wait for a new kind of man...

As there is Advent, we wait also very strongly for a new kind of man (Hebr. 10.5-10). The old one is well known - mostly we: the one who likes holocausts, oblations and sacrifices... the one, who is aware to be a sinner...  and now he offers some prayers; the one, who feels, God is good but could be better, so he offers again some prayers; the one, who knows I'm a sinner and now he has decided to make the passage through the Holy Door (to get a total absolution).

The new one is seldom. It's the one, who decided to do the will of God. The Church is eager to show us such a new man: first Mary of Nazareth, than her son Jesus...  and now many more... some of them got the title :HOLY". 

As usual the Church is not clear: she encourages us to bring oblations, sacrifices, prayers... to bring gifts to God (money is also accepted). Some people have started to negotiate with God: I give you xy and you give me ab.

The new kind of man like Jesus has no vows. He was baptized by John and later found his way. He invited people to follow him without negotiation.
Elizabeth, a woman who knows best the temple-business and all the negotiation with the Jahwe-God - she is very enjoyed to discover the coming up of a new kind of man.

Today, we are not speaking about such new very dedicated men. We negotiate an arrangement. Poverty means: You care for my insurance, for my daily bread and bed, for my computer, for my ticket and for a job, a work-field and all what is needed...
I myself - under these conditions - ask for nearly nothing any more. 

The once new "Here I am" is now secured and sure in no case any risk.

It's like the final prayer of this Sunday (third Advent C):
Lord, we have received...  thanks! ... but now... don't stop...  make more... 

"make us grow in love"...  and this in order to be able to celebrate...   
All is now given.... there is nothing from "Here I am" but much about: pls give more...
(if not, I'm ready as a beggar to pray more....)  
Nothing from a new mankind...   sorry 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen