Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015

October-MISSION Fr. Willem osfs

Fr. Willem osfs encourages us (e-mail Oct 01) to take MISSION-month with St.Therese of Lisieux and St. Francis-Xavier seriously. It's also the month of the Pastoral-Synode for "Family-Life" (cf. www.kameel-doring-boom.blogspot.com) and for Ms. Cindy van Wyk it's Ocsober: the month of de-toxification (cf. then Namibian-Weekender 021015 / page16)

As we follow Fr. Willem osfs: The great commission for every Missionary is:  GO...
(For me "commission" is more than an advise or invitation and less than an order or command). We are grateful for the distinction made by Fr. OMI between members or disciples! and for the Pop's clarification: we are called to live the mission".
Fr. Willem osfs ask: What are we going to do now ??? (in our missionary-situation)

I try to give an answer - concentrating on  "GO..."
A) To end the Holy Mass we Priests tell "the people of God": pls go...

Sometimes they go... or they don't go...  Why not ?
+ they like to pray more and more (sooo pious / to stay with God not with...)
+ they like to do the next meeting (in the church) sooo busy... no time for...
+ they feel better in the church with Jesus than under the people (terrible)
+ they are used not to listen and not to do what the Priest is telling them
   [for them "go" don't mean go... it's only a "set phrase"...  never serious]

This is the first MISSION-doing: take serious you commission  to tell them "go"
and tell them you mean it!

B) As I tell the people to "go in peace" - I have in mind:
1. way: go to the people, to the next first, greet them;
give a sign of bene- volence. cf. www.kameel-doring-boom.blogspot.com (glass of water).
2. way: go to
fulfill your promises in the family, in your profession, in public life etc... in your relationship, in politics, economy, climate change etc...

3. way: go to Church, your Community again; take a break and praise God.
C) After I told the people "go..."  I give a good example and I'm going as the first out... I go out of the church into the secular world - and by the gate I take the opportunity to have for everyone a good word of encouragement. I let them go - keeping my conviction: they will to their level best... that's my "outreach".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen